Monday, May 23, 2011

Free (to me) Craft

Hey y'all!
I am going to start posting my crafts and ideas and web links...hope you're inspired!

This craft requires:
rocks - flat preferable, any size you wish
paint
paintbrushes
spray on shellac or polyurethane
your imagination or a picture you'd like to steal (like me!)

I saw these great flag rocks on a friend's facebook picture:

So, I decided I had to have one of my own!  I'm proud to live in the great state of TEXAS!

So, I walked around and found the rocks (craft supply AND exercise - gotta work it in when you can!) I wanted to use and brought them in and washed them.  They looked like this:
I know - they don't make rocks like this where you are, huh?  HAHAHA!!  Anyhoo... I let them dry and got out my paints and brushes.  I made this one:
and then this one for Lulu's room:


and then finally this one for our porch (too):
When I got thru painting, I let it dry for a couple of days and sprayed a couple of coats of shellac on them!
So easy, and FREE (to me)!!

**SUMMER**

No comments:

Post a Comment